How to Live in Harmony with Spring for Optimal Health- Wednesday March 27th at 6:30pm.
Spring is finally upon us, and as such, it is time to shift your nutritional intake and habits to stay in rhythm with the natural cycles and to support the organ of the season – the all important liver.The liver has over 500 distinct functions, and in Chinese medicine, it is responsible for the smooth flow of Qi (energy) in the body. When congested, this can look like frustration and anger, difficult menstrual cycles and imbalanced hormones, poor vision and poor digestion, among other things. As the liver is so key to so many functions, an out of balance liver affects all other organs.The promise of new growth and the rise of the dandelions in spring also bring changes in our daily activities. It is a time to also nourish our creativity and to start moving more, feeding off the energy the warmth and promise of spring provides, setting aside the stimulants that may have helped fuel us throughout the darkness and cold of winter.Living in concert with nature and tuning back into our circadian rhythm is fundamental to our good mental, emotional and physical health.
In this talk you will learn:
- the most appropriate foods to consume to nourish and detoxify your body in spring
- daily habits to focus on to enhance your changes in nutrient intake
- the herbs to focus on to enhance and complement your food intake
- how to best support your circadian rhythm to optimize your overall health
- recipes to incorporate tonic herbs and mushrooms easily into your daily life to nourish your liver, your body and mind
Please join us at Lotus Herbal Health on the 27th of March at 6:30pm. Bring a pen and notebook and your questions. Sample beverages will be provided for your learning and tasting pleasure.